Re: sub box?

On Mon, Dec 07, 1998 at 02:01:28PM -0500, Anthony Pelletier wrote:

>> 2. There are several speaker box design programs availible. Just avoid
>> Blaubox from blaupunkt and you're ok.
>
> what is wrong with blaubox?  I have used in the past.  Maybe that is
> why the box didn't sound the way I wanted it too.

Blaubox makes all it's computations with a system Qtc of 1. For most car
audio applications, the ideal Qtc is sqrt(1/2), or .7071. Qtc is a
measurement of the cabinet's resonance at the cutoff frequency.

It's ok to use the application in Blaubox that generates a box volume
given geometry constraints, that application is independant of the volume
it recomends from analyzing the Theile-Small parameters of the driver.

Dan