Re: sub box?

Mark Mages wrote:

> Hey all - I beat the rap this morning, so I can continue with my new
> project....
>
> Anyone out there built a custom box for subs in the hatch?
>
> I just picked up a couple 10"s for my rocco (can't beat buy 1 get 1
> free) and I was wondering if anyone had designed any cool enclosures...
> I don't want to just drop them in the back board - I've got other plans
> for that
>
> Also - Thanks to dan@angband.org  and Ryan Schuerman for putting their
> 5.25" front speaker pages up... they were a lot of help when I was
> performing surgery on my doors this weekend :)
>
> Mark
> 84 8v

Alright, here goes. DON'T even try to build your own box. You probably
have no idea of the mathematics involved in wave acoustics and proper
geometry that produces said wave acoustics. Buy a decent PORTED sealed
enclosure. If weight is not an issue than bigger is better. I had a
small box which left plenty of cargo area then said F**k it, and went
real big. 2.5 cubic feet(internal) of enclosure with 2 10" subs. Sounds
WAY better than before. I also find the boxes where the speakers are
angled toward each other are better than pointing straight out. If you
still think you can build your own box than follow the detailed
instructions that should have come with the subs.

Feenix..."hey, whats fast driving without kick ass tunes...what
rattles?"
88 16V