Re: Re: Fuel line pressure?

In a message dated 12/8/98, 8:32:42 AM, brett@netacc.net writes:

> Hey all...   I've got a leaking fuel line.  It's just a slow drip...
> drip...   I am not sure what line it is (inlet or return I would
> guess).
<snip>
> Thanks for your help
> John
> '87 16v Scirocco
<<
I'm sure someone else has replied by now,  but it never hurts to be through.

In that vein I'd add that if the leak is at the union of line and Fuel Dist.
or Pump then you may want to investigate the soft copper washers that go
between the connector and the bolt and/or the one between the connector and
the device. I say this to stress that most that I know of use a pair ( min. )
of copper washers to seal the high pressures of the fuel system.

Funky diagram:

     |   ||

Side of Dist. + washer + Fuel line + washer + bolt.

Check it out, maybe one or two are missing.
TBerk