Re: New Fuel Relay but no pump action (The woes continue...)

hey thansk for replying,
the car is a '82 Scirocco, the pump soesn't run at all unless I by pass
the relay (I ordered a new relay)Actualy sometimes it will run for a
split second when you turn the key on. I changed the water pump recently
but it drove fine after that, and I did not mess with any wiring. I
don't feel that it is the ground cause everything worked before, and it
is stock. I can smell gas when I bypass the pump relay, so I assume the
pump is functioning correctly (I am going to take off the main line to
check for sure) Why wouldn't the car start if I by passed the relay and
the pump pumps? ya know?  ummmmmmm...I think that is all thanks.
c-ya,
dave