Re: New Fuel Relay but no pump action (The woes continue...)

Eh, it's a problem with all VW's... usually what happens, (IME, of course, and
everybody's is different...) is that as the car gets older and people don't maintain
it well, the fuel filter gets a little clogged, putting more strain on the fuel pump,
causing it to draw more power, causing the relay to overheat... problems get worse
from there. Sometimes the wiring gets all screwy, sometimes leaks get into the fuse
box, messing it all up, etc... keep your fuel filter clean and new, and your car
unleaky, and you'll be all set, most likely.
    -Josiah
    '84 GTI
    '86 Scirocco 8v (buy me!)
    '87 QSW