RE: sub box

OK...from my days past as a car audio enthus.....you really need to consult an
audio dealer when building a sub box.....different size speakers need
different size boxes ( it really does make a diff!!) You will also need to
figure out if you want to build a ported or a sealed box.....the sound will be
totally different.  If you're like me, you'll want tight, non-rumbling bass,
therefore utilizing a sealed enclosure.  If you are like many young people who
want to break the seals on their windows, you'll want a ported enclosure.  The
size of the enclosure, once again, depends on this option.  You could call
your local car audio dealer, tell them exactly what speakers you have, and
what knid of sound you are looking for (what kind of music you listen to), and
they will be able to tell you the exact (and it must be exact) dimensions of
the enclosure you will need to construct.  Or they may have, or be able to
fabricate the exact enclosure that you have in mind.....specially made to fit
your car.   I hope this has been of some assistance!

Darin
78 Scirocco Turbo
95 Jetta