Re: Re: '84 GTI Donor Eng was '83 - '84 diff.

In a message dated 12/7/98, 9:45:03 AM, skerocdriver@juno.com writes:
<<
I got a really good look see at an 85 Scirocco today with the shrouded
injector system intact. The hose runs from the port on the head ( between
the #3-4 cylinders) to the.......um. I don't know the name of it but I
will describe as best as I can.>>

Cool and fruity. I'd call such a thing the ERG valve, Exhaust Recirculating
Gas Valve, I have just about completed a mock up of the retrofitted 84 into 81
vacumm line diagram. Need some extra bits from Grand Auto to hook it all up.

I'll be forwarding a pic to Sal, anybody else want one- drop me a line.

The basic problem has been that the valve cover has a too convenient
connection to plug said hose into. Car runs but is 'boggy'.

Thx for the confirmation.

TBerk
we get good at things by working through them.