16v conversions and older cars: Help?

I'm just about ready to get the 16v engine I've got redone.  Once it is
finished, the most daunting task I see before me is electrical.

The recipient is an '81 Rabbit convertible with one of those fuse boxes
with the ceramic fuses.  Donor is an '86 Scirocco.

I pulled the engine computer wiring harness intact from the donor, and I
still have the car if I need more.  Obviously, this harness won't connect
directly to my fuse box.

For those of you that have done this (esp. Ben Beacock -- you Scirocco is
an '81, isn't it?), how did you do the e-system?   Would you suggest using
the '86 fuse box?  And in that case, how painful is it to graft the '81's
system in?  Should I pull the harnesses from the '86 or just splice 'n
solder?
If I use the '81's, where do I hook in the engine harness?

Thanks.

| Jim Jarrett,CCP                                                   |
| Eastman Kodak Co. - Professional Digital Cameras                  |
| 901 Elmgrove Road MC 35504                                        |
| Rochester, NY 14653-5504         Phone:(716) 726-6365             |
| jarrett@kodak.com           All opinions expressed are mine alone |
| http://www.kodak.com                                              |