Re: I just had to share this

On Sun, 06 Dec 1998 18:45:02 -0600 Greg <fren0027@tc.umn.edu> wrote:

>Once in a while, when I'm driving, it just hits me just so...
>
>I love my car.

Mm.  Know how you feel. I was on my way to a Finger Lakes Region VW Club
Christmas party yesterday, and as I was getting on the expressway, there
were two kids in front of me from Illinois in a mid-80's Camaro.  I was in
my newly acquired Passat GLX wagon.  I kept up quite well with V8boy,
didn't even realize it, was just going with the flow, and I think it
displeased him that a wagon could keep up (that's why I got it -- sleeper
car).

Anyways, this on-ramp is really long, and there is a stoplight 1/2 way thru
to let another road get on (it's Holt & Hard Roads to Rte 104 in Webster
NY, if anyone  cares).  Camaroboy lit up the tires at the stoplight.  I'm
kind of a wimp when it comes to high speed runs, I like my clean license.
It just made me feel good that I could have kept up had I wanted to. :-)

| Jim Jarrett,CCP                                                   |
| Eastman Kodak Co. - Professional Digital Cameras                  |
| 901 Elmgrove Road MC 35504                                        |
| Rochester, NY 14653-5504         Phone:(716) 726-6365             |
| jarrett@kodak.com           All opinions expressed are mine alone |
| http://www.kodak.com                                              |