Re: '83 VS. '84 GTI...Differences?

On Sat, 5 Dec 1998 04:23:40 EST TBerk16@aol.com writes:

>OK, I have a 'new' 1984 Rabbit GTI engine in the car. It has a small
rubber
>hose on the back side of the cylinder head, it is between cylinders 3 &
4,
>closer to the clutch side rather than the timing belt side.

Hmm, maybe my recollection of the air hose is wrong, but if you have a
hose going into the head like it sounds like you have, you might just
have the air shroud injectors after all.

>If I am to understand this, then the "shrouds" are mostly down inside
the
>cylinder head, surrounding each injector for part of it's length.

One way to find out for sure, pull one injector out (carefully! They like
to pull off the end of the injector and stay in the head.) and see if it
holds 1 or 2 o-rings. You will find the typical fatty o-ring at the top
of the injector, but at the bottom you will find a tiny little o-ring on
this little round......uh.....shroud.

>Am I clueless yet or on to something?
>TBerk

Your clueless like the rest of us but I still luv's ya!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and