Re: Will this manifold fit?

On Fri, 04 Dec 1998 13:53:10 -0500 Sean Martin <smartin@ntl.sympatico.ca>
writes:
>   I was out hiking yesterday when I came across a field with four
>dead diesel Rabbits.  Three out of four of them have the 4-2 exhaust
>manifolds.  Heck two of them are sitting on the front seats.  So the
>big question is will they fit on my Scirocco? I'd love to get rid if
>the 4-1 manifold that is on there.

This is basically the duel outlet (6 bolt) manifold, right? If so, then
yes, it will work, the only problem is you will need to either drill and
tap a port for the OX sensor in the head, or, be lazy like me and just
buy a dual outlet downpipe from Eurosport which has the ox port IN the
downpipe. Or, take your dual outlet downpipe and have a nut (one that
fits the OX sensor) welded onto the downpipe.
HTH!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and