Re: Pacesetter Exhaust

On Fri, 04 Dec 1998 12:57:26 -0500 "Wm. Josiah Erikson"
<josiah@gsinet.net> writes:
>Anyone on this list have PaceSetter exhaust? Is it any good?

Back when I had an 82 Rabbit, (1989.) the only mod I made to the car was
a Pacesetter exhaust system. 4 into1 Header & cat back system. I paid $75
for it shipped. (My how times changed.)

Anyways, I had it for 2 years and when I removed it (totaled the car) it
was rusty, but it was intact and worked great. I sold it for $100 "as
is". Funny.

I did have to have the collector pipe welded because it leaked and didn't
sound good. The muffler was a glass pack and it sounded really sporty.

Performance improvement on the car was noticeable and even tho it was a
lowly 1.7L with 92,000 miles, it ran strong.

Anyone have
>any opinions as to whether Autotech, TT, or Eurosport is better?

My TT system is better than the pacesetter but how can one compare SS
with raw steel? Its like comparing bikes to cars or something.
(Oh-oh-oohhh!) You get what you pay for to a point. If your on a low
budget (as if.) then the pacesetter system will work fine for you. Even
tho is a cheap system, it still works really good so don't let the cheap
cost fool you.
Oh, I also like the slip joint the pacesetter system came with. Im sure
that's the only reason the header didn't crack.

>I like
>the price, but don't want to buy a piece of crap. This is for my GTI...
>wondering about fit, flow (power), and longevity. I already know what
>it looks like, and I like it fine.
>    -Josiah

I liked the red insert on the exhaust tip on the muffler. Disappeared
after about a week but it looked pretty cool to me!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and