Re: Cam?

Date:          Wed, 02 Dec 1998 18:59:41 -0800
From:          Andy Murphy <andkat@foxinternet.net>
To:            Michael Helms <tudor@tvo.org>
Cc:            scirocco-l@scirocco.org, VWofT@onelist.com
Subject:       Re: Cam?

while we are identifying cams how about
on the side of my mystery cam it says 11.0 and 234  I am guessing
this is 11 mm of lift and 234 degrees of duration at .050" check
clearance  or something like that.  It just barely clears the ramps I
think I can get a .005 or .010 feeler guage between the head and cam
when the lobe is down.   It runs like a neuspeed 272 lumpy idle
strong after 3k a noticible increas after 4k pulls strong untill 6200
and beyond when racing honda's.  any guesses I bought it off a friend
who used to have it on a circle track car  I was just curious what it
was so i could recomend it to friends
later
Tony

Got a micrometer and a index head?