Re: twisties

On Wed, 2 Dec 1998 08:55:44 -0600 "Zach Vrooman" <zach@discover-net.net>
writes:
>Hi all.
>
>Just a quick dumb question for you. I had the day off yesterday and got
>bored and started driving around. I headed to my favorite twisty road
and
>flung it around the corners. Here's my question. How exactly do you tell
>when you've lifted a back wheel? I think I managed it, but not really
sure.
>It sure felt like the side lifted. Kinda cool.
>zach

Well, telling when you lift isnt always easy. I autoxed for about 6
months before people told me I was doing it. (Quite high too from the
reports.) I didnt feel anything.

The key to lifting the rear inside wheel is a sticky tire and a somewhat
soft suspension.
The first few times that I realized I was lifting the rear wheel was when
I would hear the sound of the tire comming down, a loud bang while
comming out of a few turns. This sound initially scared me since it
sounded like a bad sound. The feeling of the wheel lifting is non
existant, from my experience. The only thing I ever felt was the wheel
setting back down and even this is an ever so slight feeling.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and