Re: 82' Scirocco (1.7l) stuttering a bit...

To:            mobbdeep@hotmail.com
Cc:            scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Date:          Wed, 2 Dec 1998 08:16:34 -0500
Subject:       Re: 82' Scirocco (1.7l) stuttering a bit...
From:          scirocco.gtx@juno.com (Mark A Peele)

all 1.8 scirocco's cabs etc...had the 80mm dist as did 83-84gti's
Tony
Pre- 1981 VWs (Rabbit/Scirocco) have the 80mm. The 83-84 Rabbit GTIs did
too. I know the 1981-1982 Sciroccos had 60mm. I think the later ones went
back to 80mm.

The previous owner of my '82 had already swapped to the 80mm. You should
check it before looking for another. It's the diameter of the plate under
the end of the intake "boot" that's over the airflow meter/fuel distr.
housing.

In order to use the 1.8 head on a 1.7, it must be modified.

Potter at Virtual World has a big valve 1.6/1.7 head that will fit your
1.7.

A better bet is to just get the JH motor.

Mark . . .   (THINK VW)
Scirocco 1982, Golf GT 1987
Previous Sciroccos: 1981S (RIP), 1980S, 1975TS, 1975
http://home.t-online.de/home/SCIROCCO2/mark.htm