Re: '82 going convt???

>I want to chop the top off my '82.
the aforementioned '82).

>Now, if I sell her, I'll never get back the money I put into her, so I
>want to take her top off. And then sell her in the spring.
>
>Now, I don't wanna do a classy job, not some crazy hacker job.
>
>Has anyone ever tried this before? Any pictures? Ideas? I'm going to put
>a lot of time into her, and maybe dress her up with a 16v body kit or
>something...

	Not sure if spending  money to chop the top off will net more
dollars at sale time.  Yes, this has been done before but I'll assume that
since the Rabbit and the Scirocco's are both A1 cars, the factory
reinforcements (I guess that includes the rollover hoop) may be
transferrable to your Scirocco from a Cabriolet carcass.  Just a stab in
the dark.  benton-----