Re: MY Scirroco wont IDLE!

At 00:12 9/1/98 EDT, BroknAngl8@aol.com wrote:
>Im 16, and i just bought my first car.....a 1984 VW Scirroco.  There are a
few
>minor problems, and the owner told me it needed a new alternator.  So before
>doing anything, i jump started it, and i have to wait about 10-15 minutes
>before it will idle.  I just bough the alternator, and bought a new battery.
>Now it wont start!  It turns over fine, but it wont start!  Please help me!!!

I'm not the person to ask, but I'll be happy to give advice anyway.  :)  It
could be any number of things.  First thing that comes to ming: it might
simply be out of time.  10-15 minutes of running sounds like enough time
for the engine to get to operating temperature, at which point you don't
need to be nearly as close on timing as you do on a cold start.  That could
explain why it runs when it's warm.  If you can get it started, does it
drive regardless of whether it's cold or hot?  Is it behaving differently
with the new battery?

Dan
'86 8v red martian

  mailto:nowlan@flash.net