16V question

Are all '86, '87, and '88 Sciroccos 16V's or are there 8V's of those =
years also.  Was the 16V motor an option or standard equipment?  Is =
there a way to tell by the VIN number if the motor is a 16V of not?  If =
one of you 16V officianados out there could help me I would really =
appreciate it.  Also, did ALL 16V Sciroccoc have rear disc brakes, or =
did some of the early ones still have rear drums?  Is there a way to =
tell that by the VIN number?
Steve Roth