Re: 1.8l 8v turbocharging

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Honnold <bhonnold@pac-cap.com>
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Date: Monday, August 31, 1998 6:58 PM
Subject: RE: 1.8l 8v turbocharging

>With all this great what if Turbo stuff going on I'll throw in my question.
>
>If you have the CIS-E fuel injection and knock sensor ignition in the car
>what do you do for fuel enrichmant under boost.  I know that for standard
>CIS you can use the Audi parts but I am at a loss for CIS-E.

    Actually, I'm in the other boat. I have CIS and a turbo and I want to
increase the boost, increase the gas, and eventually lower the CR, and I'm
thinking about switching mine to the CIS-E because I can easily add the
enrichment with all the existing circuits in that system that I could wire it
into. I also think it would be a good idea to have a knock sensing ignition in a
turbo car. eh? What are these audi parts you refer to?

>Also, what is THE BEST way to lower compresion on either the Audi 80 2.0 or
>the VW 2.0 8valve?

    I dunno. I'm running a 8.5:1 (stock JH) right now, and about 8-10psi boost.
It's wonderful. However, the ledfoot still craves more. So now I'm thinking of
ways to make the system more efficient. I already have an intercooler, but the
piping that runs it seems to be a big airheater of it's own. When the car has
been running the intercooler pipes are almost too hot to touch. This cannot be
doing much of a cooling job...

>Brian Honnold
>'78 Rocco Ragtop (soon to be 2.0 TURBO)

Yeah, baby! YEAH!