Re: need tranny help BAD!

Thanks for the responses.  However, I don't have the problem fixed yet.
I'm taking a two minute breather to write this.  Then I'm going back out
there.  After it cooled and I went for a test drive around the apartment,
backing out of my space.  I found that I had 1st gear.  I went for second
and shifted into 4th.  I think I had third, but I couldn't tell.  I checked
the ball-type joints, and they all appear to be "well" connected.  I
wiggled and moved everything I could to no avail.  I don't have anyone the
sit in the car and move the shifter, so I'm running out of ideas.  All help
is greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Dan
'86 8v red martian

  mailto:nowlan@flash.net