Autox:TOO much PUSH/understeer!

I recently autoxd my car for the second time this weekend and I need your input
on understeer. I find the car just pushes around the turns. When I raced in CO.
I had 35 in the front and rear tires. At this race I have 45. Granted Im
running stock size Pirelli P6000 all season tires and I can chalk up some to me being
to forceful and abrupt with the car, but it just rolls like like bloated whale.
There was another MKII 8V there who has seen ALOT better days and looked to be
on its last leg i.e. leaking various fluids, no first gear, exhaust almost off..I
thought catch it in tech but apparently not. Got me for too much loose
stuff...(shut up Van Vuren!). This guy BEAT MY ASS! He did have some race tires on stock
steel rims but my best time was 86.xxx his was 79.xxx. A couple of turbo talons
were turning in 77.xxx and a new Porche Boxster ran a .75. The rustangs and
cramros really cleaned up though. I spent most the day seeing how many cones I
could stuff under the car at one time. Its was real fun but I was sorta upset as I
drove 2.5 hours just to get there and didn't want to make a fool of myself but
did. The course was real easy compared to what I raced on in CO. One salom, one
box, two 90 degree tight turns and a long 35mph sweeper. I think once I get a
little more settled I will be better but I want to get rid of as much of this
understeer as possible by mechanical and driving means. I think its what really slowed
me down, I ate two cones by means of going fast and turning so quick the front
end just seemed to load up plow on forward. My car is stock except for exhaust.
Any pointers? And anyone have the cliff notes for what classes are divided up
i.e. Im in ES...the 8V was in DSP...I know SP=Street Prepared but where does the D
come from?

Thank You for Your Time,
        Shannon Fenton
            Ext. 2712