Re: Air Conditioning

At 22:51 8/30/98 -0700, Sonic Druid wrote:
>David LeDeaux wrote:
>>
>> I charged my A/C this weekend, but I've run into one small snag... it seems
>> that the idle is not compensating for the load, and the engine wants to
>> stall.  This is on an '80 Scirocco... does anyone know what controls the
>> idle boost?
>>
>>         -David LeDeaux
>> '80 Scirocco
>> http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Track/9444/
>> (Yes, I broke down and got one)
>>

>  Sounds like your Idle Solenoid is bad...
> a white unit with 2 hoses attached to it which boosts the idle when
>the AC is in use....
> A new one is about $75 and a used one about $30....
>  the prices are for an '82 scirocco which is what I have...
> Anyway, I would check that first before going any further....
>
>--
>|   Etop Udoh        |  Southern Polytechnic State University [89-##]  |
>|  P.O. Box 4234     |  Http://Personal.atl.bellsouth.net/~s_druid     |
>| Marietta, Ga 30061 |  << s_druid@bellsouth.net >> <<Eudoh@spsu.edu>> |
>| "....D E N Y   E V E R Y T H I N G   -   T R U S T   N O   O N E...."|

Before checking the idle solenoid, though, check all the vacuum hoses and
connections.  I replaced all my vacuum lines on my '78 and, wahlah, a/c
idle adjust worked perfectly again (along with one or two other things  :^)

Joachim and Belinda and Hobi and Griffin in Houston, TX
...and now Lucky, the rescue kitten, too!
beekj@ghg.net

Mobius strip for sale.  See other side for details. :)