Re: DOH! I Lost my only car key!!!

In a message dated 8/28/98 8:36:32 AM Eastern Daylight Time, josiah@gsinet.net
writes:

<< Maybe the dealer can provide you with the key if you give them the VIN and
 proof of ownership? I dunno... >>

I was told once that the original dealership where the car was sold is
supposed to keep the key code on record.  Of course, I got a hold of my
original dealership and they wouldn't help me.  So, I finally found the owner
and he had the little black key code ring that comes with the car(the car was
only 2 years old so it wasn't that hard).  It is a code that the dealership
can use to make you a new key.  If you've got it, like I do, then you're set.
Chances are that you don't.  I've also been told that the doorlocks are
supposed to have the code printed on them but i've never actually seen the
code on my cylinders... so i could be wasting your time.. Good luck!!!!!
DanMay
8716VScirocco 95.5Tacoma4x4
http://members.aol.com/scirocco87