Re: after-market gauges

Probably already posted, but the diameter is 2 1/16" for our venerable
VDO's. Most other manufacturers make them in this size or 2". 2" fits in my
x-perience too.

At 11:49 PM 8/26/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Daniel A. Nowlan wrote:
>
>> 3-gauge panel in the ashtray?!  Are the gauges the size of quarters or
>> something?  Does anyone of the zillion of you have a pic of how this looks?
>>  URL?  And if I don't have an ashtray, where do I put my misc screws and
>> lights?  Thought that's what it was for....
>
>I assume you have a mk2?  Now I don't remember.. assuming you do, to the
right
>of the ashtray is a single gauge.  The 3-gauge panel goes in place of the
>ashtray
>AND the single gauge already there to the far right - it fits perfectly, uses
>standard VDO (or similar) gauges, not sure what their diameter is.. VERY
>common add-on in our cars.
>
>--
>Kevin Collins
>Huntington Beach, CA
>'86.5 Scirocco 16V 2.0
>'97 GTI VR6
>--

"If God had meant for us to use the metric system, we would've been born
with ten fingers and ten toes."

Kevin Fry .:. 81 Scirocco S
      San Diego, CA