Re: Steering column shakes

Don't if you got this the first time, got returned to me. If you did then sorry for the duplicate message.

As for you problem I had the simmilar problem with my '81 and it just appeared slowly. I have loose steering so I thought that was the problem but it was not.( still loose) Had the car aligned and balanced. No good. Still had a vibration at 65-70 and 80+ and was real odd. I have 15 BBS and the solution was to put centering rings( I think that is what they are called) Waht it is is a ring that goes between your hub and the wheel. It makes sure the rim is centered in the hub (centering does no rely on the wh
eel bolts). Worked wonders. Smooth sailing since. Good luck.

Mark H”usler

'81 Scirocco S, 2.0 Eurospec, looks like hell
'94 Toyota 4x4, got to play in the mud, daily