Re: Synchro- no mas :^(

Oh, can you lock it? I only have driven 1 in my life and I fell in love
with it. There was a guy a few years back (3-4) at waterfest who showed
up with one. We all laughed because it looked stock (red w/gti style
wheels) and it even had one of those
fence-behind-the-backseet-so-kujo-can't-get-me things. It looked like he
was going grocery shopping. Our collective jaw dropped when we heard him
spool up the turbo at the start line, then dump it and light up all 4
tires at once! Yeah! He was SO fast! i loved to see him hang the inner
rear tire like a normal VW, but when it came back down to earth, it
would chirp. So cool. Jeeze, get me a sawzall- I'm hackin one into the
GLI!
CHRIS

>Nah, who needs a LSD when you can LOCK 'em?
>And how about a modded-to-250bhp 10v Turbo from an Audi 5000? I'm
planning
>on doing this when my clutch goes, which it will eventually (160K miles
on
>the original clutch, they're usually good for 170-180K, which I'll get
>pretty soon, but this car has mostly highway miles on it, going back
and
>forth to Michigan, so maybe I'll get 250K out of the clutch, who knows?
>hope so... the clutch job is a BITCH! You know how much those trannies
>weigh?)
>    -Josiah
>    '83 Scirocco
>    '84 GTi
>    '86 Scirocco 8v
>    '87 QSW
>    http://www.gsinet.net/~josiah/
>

>Chris Chemidlin wrote:
>
>> Did anybody ever make a LSD (oooh, trippy!) for your setup? That
would
>> be bitchen... I really should get back on my old quest for the
Synchro