Re: Paint Jobs

---Chris Cuzner <cuznerc@doculink.com> wrote:

> I feel like givin' 'er a paint job when i'm satisfied with the
cosmetic and
> body patches i do to it.  Right now its black, but i feel like
painting it
> purple
<SNIP>
> Does anyone have any recomendations for paint types/brands?
>
> Chris Cuzner (cuznerc@gilmore.ca)

I just painted my Jetta GLi, and must say PPG paints are awsome.  This
is the first car I ever painted, and using the PPG Delstar system with
an HVLP spray gun-- I did NOT have a single run!!!  The paint also set
up cured relatively quicky.  My paint costs for the PPG were $130.00
which included 1 gallon of paint, 1 gallon of reducer, 1 32?oz bottle
of hardner.

FYI, my Jetta is black, and the darker the color you paint the better
your prep/body work has to be.  On the flip side going wih bright
colors helps hide some body flaws.
==
- -Paul
http://home1.gte.net/vwfan