Re: Mk II Shift Light....

At 08:36 AM 8/24/98 -0700, Jared Erlandson wrote:
>Anybody ever have their scirocco beg for a sixth gear?  I'm mean sure,
>I've wanted one for quite a while, and I know the car would like it but
>just in the last 2 months, my Scirocco has started vocalizing his
>desire, and my Shift light has begun lighting up in 5th gear, as it
>would in any other gear, right when I let of the accelerator above 2500
>rpm.    A quick glance under the hood showed me the tube was still
>connected (If it wasn't it wouldn't light up at all...) Any ideas
>(besides dropping a 6th gear in?)

Yeah, disconnect the damn shift light!
	Unless of course you like it, in which case you'll have to ask someone
else... but I personally found my shift light to be quite intrusive- every
time I was over 2000rpm with less than 1/2 throttle, the little yellow
light was blaring in my face.
	The quick and easy way to do it is to yank the relay.  It's the one just
to the right of the door buzzer relay.
		HTH and GL
			Jason