Mk II Shift Light....

Anybody ever have their scirocco beg for a sixth gear?  I'm mean sure,
I've wanted one for quite a while, and I know the car would like it but
just in the last 2 months, my Scirocco has started vocalizing his
desire, and my Shift light has begun lighting up in 5th gear, as it
would in any other gear, right when I let of the accelerator above 2500
rpm.    A quick glance under the hood showed me the tube was still
connected (If it wasn't it wouldn't light up at all...) Any ideas
(besides dropping a 6th gear in?)

Thanks,

jared erlandson
jerlandson@wac.net