Re: bought a MK1 'Rocco for racing

Message text written by Kevin
>Sounds like a sweet car! I'm happy for you

Dont the Mk1's look better than the mk2s? I think they just have more
charisma :)<

It will be 1/2 my car and the other 1/2 will be Ian's.
Now that I have both I will tell you... on the outside it is a wash. On
the inside
the clear winner is the MK2. The MK2 came with better stuff.
The MK1 is a great design for 1972-1974. The MK2 was designed
back in 1974. I will not go in to all the details now on the design of the
MK2 but it was quite the looker in its day. The MK1 is a true clasic
IMHO. A clean MK1 looks so good you just want it. The US version
of the MK2 looks too long in the nose. Euro the bumpers and Wow
it is a car! I like all Sciroccos from junker to show car.

Doug
87 16v silver Scirocco "GTX"
81 8v red Scirocco
90 Passat wagon