Re: a white 'Rocco?

In a message dated 8/23/98 2:35:08 PM Pacific Daylight Time, nowlan@flash.net
writes:

<< I've been thinking lately about repainting my car.  The Martian Red is
 really beginning to fade pretty bad.  It needs a little bit of body work,
 too, since it's been in one killer (literally, actually) hail storm.  I
 know that *white* is a somewhat-forgiving color.  Did they make white
 'Roccos?  I've never seen one or heard y'all talk about one.  If I don't do
 white, what do y'all suggest?  What time of year should I do this, too?
 Thanks for the opinions.... >>

Yes, there was a factory white.  It is called Alpine White.  My 78 Champagne
Edition came is this color with black stripe accents.  Take a look at my
"page".  This is the factory color scheme, the only difference is I repainted
the car with DuPont Imron some twelve years ago.  So far the finish has held
up nicely.  I think white is a very classic color.

 -dick-
'78 Scirocco
Original Owner
<A HREF="http://members.aol.com/SailingFC/">http://members.aol.com/SailingFC/