Switching to Synthetic small probs

Switching to synthetic (if it didn't have it) isn't a bad idea.
Remember, cars with high milege tend to leak went switched to
synthetic.  Everyone I know with a VW who switched to synthetic after
100k or so miles...all of a sudden had a few oil leaks appear.
Synthetic tends to be thinner then regular oil thus some leaks that
were not there all of a sudden appear.  What I have noticed upon
switching is that the v/c gasket WILL leak, the pan gasket also does
on most people.  When switching to synthetic in the trans (very, very
helpful) the output shaft seals tend to leak.  Although once you
replace those 4 gaksets everything is great!  So if you dont mind
doing a small bit of work when you switch (as I didnt mind at all) I
would surely switch!

Sheldon