Dash replacement

Don't know if this has been hashed over or not, but I'll ask anyway... if
it has, please email me privately...

My girlfriend told me I needed to replace my dash... mine's all cracked on
my '80 Scirocco.  So, I figured I'd keep my eyes open for one.  Only thing
is, I don't really care for the the instument layout in the Mk1s... my
hands block some of the gauges, and that faux wood grain.... ..is there
another dash that will fit relatively easily?  Like something out of a Golf
or later model Scirocco?... Wiring is no problem, but I'm talking about
brackets, and A/C plumbing being in the way.

Any help is appreciated

	-David LeDeaux
'80 Scirocco
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Track/9444/