RE: Dash replacement

On Friday, August 21, 1998 1:52 PM, David LeDeaux
[SMTP:das@internetwork.net] wrote:
> Don't know if this has been hashed over or not, but I'll ask anyway... if
> it has, please email me privately...
>
> My girlfriend told me I needed to replace my dash... mine's all cracked
on
> my '80 Scirocco.  So, I figured I'd keep my eyes open for one.  Only
thing
> is, I don't really care for the the instument layout in the Mk1s... my
> hands block some of the gauges, and that faux wood grain.... ..is there
> another dash that will fit relatively easily?  Like something out of a
Golf
> or later model Scirocco?... Wiring is no problem, but I'm talking about
> brackets, and A/C plumbing being in the way.
>
> Any help is appreciated
>
> 	-David LeDeaux
> '80 Scirocco
> http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Track/9444/
> (Yes, I broke down and got one)

I have the dash, guage cluster,center console, heater box/fan, and A/C
controls out of an 84 Roc in my78.  The real bitch was moving the speedo
cable over and figuring out the A/C heater setup.

e-mail me privately if you want more details.

Brian Honnold
'78 Rocco Ragtop