Re: Roc turns 190,000 miles!

'87 gti 8v with 230k miles, and it still runs great.
'83 rabbit conv engine was quite willing to run up to 180k
but was too stinky.
'83 Callaway rocco has 135k... so far so good.
'89 golf has 140k and is still tight.
'88 cabrio(boutique) owned by my girlfriend has 180k and is
still like new.

    VW's kick ass. I can't even imagine what it would have
been like to buy one of these new. On the other hand, I am
not too impressed with the durability of the newer(a3)
stuff. I am concerned that VW is moving away from the
philosophies of which I have been so impressed.

- -Noah