Re: Roc turns 190,000 miles!

At 20:25 8/20/98 -0500, Joachim Beek wrote:
>At 21:10 8/20/98 EDT, Shawn C Meze wrote:
>>With all the bad posts going on all the time, I thought a "good happy
>>post" was in order.

I can't believe you wanna ruin the atmosphere we've worked so hard to
create by bring up something good and happy.  Sheesh!

>It happened on my way to work this morning. 190,000 miles rolled over on
>>the ODO. Its not a huge milestone or anything, but its still a good thing
>>considering the cars age (16 yrs) and how its driven (REALLY HARD almost
>>ALL the time). Im very pleased with it. I think its time to put a new
>>part on it or something! :)
>
>Geez, I feel like a youngster, sort of... mine's 20 years old (though I've
>had it for only 16) but it's only got 173k on the clock.  But you're right,
>go buy something for it!
>
>Joachim

Yah, you should reward you car by buying something nice for it.  Something
you can put on in about 10 or 15 minutes that adds much to the aesthetics
or adds a few (dozen) horsies.  Can you do that in 15 minutes?  Oh, and
none of this rubbing "my odometer still works" in our faces either!  :P
(I've had 115556 miles on mine for three years.)

Dan

  mailto:nowlan@flash.net
  http://www.flash.net/~nowlan/