Re: [Canadian] Bringing a US car into the country

Hello,

  I travel across the border regularly.
I have looked into bringing a car from the US to
Canada, and vice versa.
here is the scoop.

1- if you are bringing a car from the US to
Canada, you need-
  A) a bill of sale, (the lesser the better-
hint, hint)
  B) You will need to pay $210 to apply for a
K-22 form,
  C) You will need to pay Duty- Around 7%
  D) You will then have to pay your provincial
taxes.
Canadian border-(905)-262-4612

2- Bringing a car from Canada, to the US-
   A) a letter from the manufacturer stating that
the car meets
US federal emissions.
   B)Bill of sale
   C)Pay a duty of 10% on the 1st $1000, then
like 2.5% over that.
(ph> -(716)-282-4843-(Lewiston bridge-
by far the easiest to cross.)
A parts car my be the easiest, then you only have
to pay duty.

HTH,

    Percy.