[Canadian] Bringing a US car into the country

Found a nearly rust-free (or so it's claimed) Mk1
('81) shell with running mechanicals in Penn. I was
thinking of going down to check it out when I get
a chance, perhaps driving it back if it looks
salvageable.

If I were to do it legally and stop at the border
on my way back and tell them about the purchase,
what would I expect to pay? I'm sure it won't depend
on what "I" say the car is worth...Where do I
get a temporary license for it..in the US or Canada?

If it slips my mind to tell them at the border, what
is the fine?? Honestly...I need to know these things.
On the way to Waterfest, I was passing through some
toll-booths without paying by "accidentally" (I swear
I was tired) going through the lane without an
attendant (EZ pass or something like that)..oops.

Kareem
'88 16v