Re: [Insurance]

On Wed, 19 Aug 1998 09:27:45 -0400 "Brubaker, John" <JBrubaker@AMF.com>
writes:
>I made a big mistake today.  I mentioned to my insurance rep that I
>autocross my car. -snip-
>Scirocco has now been cancelled from my policy.

This is amazingly idiotic. The insurance companies are so afraid
something will happen and you will make a claim. As I understand it (your
region may vary) you are covered by the SCCA's insurance while your out
on course.

I don't know what this entails since i've seen one stupid accident
involving a woman driver (She's a good driver, made a stupid choice) in a
CRX.

I believe she had to claim the damage on her own insurance on that one. I
don't fully understand what's covered by having their own insurance other
than covering their own asses in the event that something happens where
people get hurt. Liability only I guess.

Im kind of mixed on whether or not I should come forth with that info. I
didn't tell my insurance company that I autox, mainly because they didn't
ask me. I feel I should tell them what I do with the car. But their
knowledge of what is involved in autoxing is typically so mindlessly
limited that I feel I should'nt say crap to aviod what happened to you.

See what bragging about your car gets you? :)-

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and