Re: [mkII][molding removal]

Once more (for the third time) how to remove the trim and not make a mess
of it (FAQ time...?)

Here's the deal:

Round 1:

I used a small 1250 watt hair dryer to heat up one end of the side molding
strip, and just picked at it with my fingers until it started to come up. They
are backed with metal strips at the ends so be careful.  The rest of the
strip just peeled right off by pulling, however, I can't say the same for the
tape/glue under it.

Round 2:

Apply same hair dryer to thick tape/glue mess.  I worked it up in strips with
my finger nails,and used a small plastic putty scraper in other areas where it
was too tough to get up with my fingers.  (I've seen the results of using
razor blades as scrapers here...don't do it)

Round 3:

There's still glue film where the molding was.  I used a product I bought at
Home Depot called Goo Gone (it's sooo citrusy!).  After several applications,
scraping with finger nails, and plastic putty tool, all the glue residue is
gone.  You'll have to scrub quite hard to get out any other discolorations
(from the molding) that get left behind.  You'll see what I mean.

Round 4:

Wash/Wax 'new' paint.

Round 5:

Stand there looking impressed, call wife outside to see, where she'll not
notice any difference when asked... :-)  Or maybe you'll get lucky like
me and my wife _was_ actually impressed, and liked the look better.

Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.

==Brett