RE: water on floorboard

On Wednesday, August 19, 1998 11:48 AM, Daniel A. Nowlan
[SMTP:nowlan@flash.net] wrote:

> As the subject suggests, I'm having a "problem" with water collecting on
> the front floor boards of my 86 'Rocco 8v.  The source of the water
appears
> to be (I don't know the technical name this thing and can't find it in
> Bentley) the black box behind the center console that sitting on the
raise
> portion of the floor.  What a half-ass description!  It's clearly
something
> to do with the a/c cuz it gets pretty damn cool (so does the water when
it
> "pours" onto my foot!), but I don't know what it is.  Y'all got any
> suggestions for me?  Thanks.
>
> Dan
> '86 8v

Sounds like the drain for your A/C evaporator is clogged.  If you remove
the little plastic by the passenger footwell cover you will see a 4 inch
plastic tube that you can yank out, spilling more water on your floor, and
then clean the tube out.  To avoid the mess, use a coathanger from under
the car to clean out the tube.  I usually make a little hook shape on the
end of the hanger and try to pull out the leaves and muck from underneath.

HTH

Brian Honnold
'78 Rocco Ragtop