[1.8JH Swap][Cont. 2]

Howdy everyone,

Guess what???  I got the "new" car running this weekend.  I know it's been
awhile but I just couldn't get myself to take my car to a "pro".  After
looking over my engine a million times I knew I had everything set up
correctly.  After looking at the systems I was pretty sure it had to do
with the ignition system so this weekend I went to the junkyard and yanked
a pretty good looking system out of an A1 Jetta.  I then yanked all my old
stuff out (wires, CPU, distributor) and put in the new stuff.  I reattached
the battery terminals, sat down in the car, put the key in, turn the car
over and...VROOOOM.  Needless to say, I was extremely happy, running around
hooting and hollaring.  After I calmed down I decided to secure all the
loose wires under the hood and let the car idle for a while.  After about
10 minutes I noticed a little leak from the thermostat housing and the car
wasn't exactly responding to throttle inputs all that well.  I then set the
timing (0 tdc) and fuel mixture (guesstimated).  I then put the car in gear
and backed out of my garage.  The car does not run all that well at this
point.  I will be doing a little more testing in the next couple of days
(maybe this weekend) and I'll let everyone know what is going on.

Thanks for everyone's support and for those who told me to take it to a
"pro, EAT IT!

John