RE: What is the largest 8v motor available for a Mk1.

I was just looking at a Velocity catalog and they mentioned 23xx cc
shortblock for either 8 or 16 valve engines.  Would be plenty of dollars
tho.  Their high performance shortblocks have forged pistons, total seal
rings, etc so they are pricey.  Fun to drool over, but not in this
lifetime. (not for me, anyway -- that's one thing the wife _will_ notice
-- the three grand on the credit card)