Re: Amp installation location

At 07:42 PM 8/18/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Hey Guys:
>
>Sheesh, I have been busy with this installation of my audio system. Now, i
>have two amps that I would like to mount to the sides of the hatch area.
>Anyone done this b4? I am kinda curious to see how it worked out. The amps
>are pretty small. I have to go out and check the available space, but if
>anyone has done this already, gimme a jingle.

  I had it done on my previous Scirocco. It involved making a board that
went flush from the side part of the parcel shelf down to the floor of the
hatch, at a slight angle so that it goes to the metal part of the hatch,
and not the rubber around the wheel well area. The bottom was held in with
an L bracket. The top was held in by screwing some wood screws through the
lip of the parcel shelf side piece and into the board. Once you get this
figured out, its easy enough to cut out pieces of the board to mount the
amps flush on the board, carpet it, and you're in business. The finished
piece actually looked pretty good, considering how simple it is.
Unfortunately, I don't have any pics to scan in.

Brad