Re: Wheel bearings

Usually front wheel bearing won't make a squealing noise when they're going
out.  Usually they'll make a whirring or rumbling noise.  I had one going
bad that sounded like you were sitting in a jet.  Best way to tell for sure
is to go hit some nice sweeping curvy roads.  If it gets quieter and louder
as you take the curves, it's probably a bearing... and using a little
deduction you can figure out which one too.

Brakes can also squeal because of brake dust.  Not sure what causes them to
do it, but it does happen.

Hope this helps