84 update

Hi all!
I actually got to see the 84 this afternoon.
Here is what I saw, if anyone can help me out here, I welcome it.
It is not a Wolfie. The guy replaced the driver's side fender with a
Wolfie fender. He took off the Wolfie badge. The driver's door is curled
where it meets the fender. Someone must have opened it when the fender
got smashed. Not too bad might be able to pund it right.
It has 148K.
Body seems not to have any rust.
Interior is dirty but seems okay otherwise.
He had removed the battery, so I had to deal with an almost dead
battery, but did get it started.
It seemed to run okay. Nice thoraty sound.
He has a shifter kit that is not installed. I am not sure how much grief
that would be for me to do...
The AC is out, but he said he'd fix it.
I didn't drive it, I'll do that Monday.
So far I am not too worried about it, but driving it will tell the tale.
The guy wants $1,000.00

Will the VIN number help anyone tell me more about this car?
Here it is:
WvWCA0532EK013471

I'd like to try and get this if it seems to run correctly and it passes
inspection. He said he'd make sure it did.
Anything I am overlooking that I should check?
TIA

J. Kevin