Re: VW show 8/16 in Costa Mesa

I will be at the show in the morning. My car will be in the parking lot,
not in the show. Look fo me at one of the Sciroccos or if you can find Ken
he will be looking for me too. You can come and go at the Jamboree if you
get
your hand stamped. We will head out for lunch at 11:30AM. Nick's
is a  resturant down the road  on Harbor at Willson. In the back is a big
parking lot. We can all park in back and eat lunch. Then head back to the
show.
This way we can all meet and talk about Sciroccos kinda like
our own show. If you don't want to go to the Jamboree you can still
have a good lunch and meet some friends. If you want to see the show
you can. It works out. The only bad part is if a Scirocco is in the
Jamboree
show it will not be at lunch. That is not a big deal but it would be cool
to have 20+ Sciroccos at lunch.

Doug
87 16v silver Scirocco "GTX"

Message text written by "Chris Chemidlin"
>Doug wrote.....

>Our Scirocco show is for the list and other Scirocco owners, people
>who want Sciroccos, people who like Sciroccos, and people who
>drive Sciroccos. You don't need a great looking car. If it runs,
>bring it. We are not showing our cars at the Jamboree. We are going
>to lunch at a place with a big parking lot to check out our cars.
>If your car is in poor condition you will have more fun at this lunch
show.
>If you don't want to go to the Jamboree that is OK. You can meet us for
>lunch.
>I am thinking we can meet at Nick's on Harbor and Willson a few blocks
from
>the fairgrounds at 11:45 AM.
>
>8/16/98<-------note: it is not 9/15/98
>
>Doug
>87 16v silver Scirocco "GTX"

Is 'Nicks' a resturant, or a list members house? I haven't been to So
Cal in about 2 years, but I remember Harbor....

I'm gonna go to the show (I gotta shop for some air-cooled stuff, and
meet some of the Vintage VW and Type II listees). When and where can I
meet you later in the day? Any plans? I don't wanna miss meeting
everybody, but I gotta scour the swap meet because some of the Air
cooled stuff is very valuable out in NJ...

I'll be heading to that AUTOPALOOZA at Buttonwillow raceway the next
Sat.- Any takers?

Anybody know of a place to rent VWs? Ill drive a Golf GL much happier
than a Neon or (eeekk)a Tercel. I didn't think so either.   I'll rent
one of those Vipers that they have near LAX for like $200 a day. I can
pretend that I'm racing in Gran Turismo, and powerslide thru the onramps
to the freeway. Sure, right...

                       CHRIS CHEMIDLIN

          NEW MUSIC!         http://www.spredhaus.com

          58 Type1 Ragtop, 84 Jetta GLi, 87 Foxwagen
<