Re: VW show 8/16 in Costa Mesa

Doug wrote.....

>Our Scirocco show is for the list and other Scirocco owners, people
>who want Sciroccos, people who like Sciroccos, and people who
>drive Sciroccos. You don't need a great looking car. If it runs,
>bring it. We are not showing our cars at the Jamboree. We are going
>to lunch at a place with a big parking lot to check out our cars.
>If your car is in poor condition you will have more fun at this lunch
show.
>If you don't want to go to the Jamboree that is OK. You can meet us for
>lunch.
>I am thinking we can meet at Nick's on Harbor and Willson a few blocks
from
>the fairgrounds at 11:45 AM.
>
>8/16/98<-------note: it is not 9/15/98
>
>Doug
>87 16v silver Scirocco "GTX"

Is 'Nicks' a resturant, or a list members house? I haven't been to So
Cal in about 2 years, but I remember Harbor....

I'm gonna go to the show (I gotta shop for some air-cooled stuff, and
meet some of the Vintage VW and Type II listees). When and where can I
meet you later in the day? Any plans? I don't wanna miss meeting
everybody, but I gotta scour the swap meet because some of the Air
cooled stuff is very valuable out in NJ...

I'll be heading to that AUTOPALOOZA at Buttonwillow raceway the next
Sat.- Any takers?

Anybody know of a place to rent VWs? Ill drive a Golf GL much happier
than a Neon or (eeekk)a Tercel. I didn't think so either.   I'll rent
one of those Vipers that they have near LAX for like $200 a day. I can
pretend that I'm racing in Gran Turismo, and powerslide thru the onramps
to the freeway. Sure, right...

                       CHRIS CHEMIDLIN

          NEW MUSIC!         http://www.spredhaus.com

          58 Type1 Ragtop, 84 Jetta GLi, 87 Foxwagen