Re: Hole in Firewall?

Chris Cuzner wrote:

> Ok .. I've seen a bunch of posts from people looking for a way to connect
> crap inside to other crap in the engine compartment .. Forgive my naivity
> <sp?>, but isn't there a hole on the drivers side to through the firewall
> with a little rubber bung stopper thingy? .. I haven't looked yet on mine,
> but i know my '87 Jetta has something like that, and that's how i got my
> power to my amps .. I haven't started my stereo install yet, but this is
> how i planned to do it .. Are there no holes AT ALL through the firewall?

There is a hole. Its just to right and up a bit from the fuse block.
Which of cours makes wiring other things (lights etc.) a breeze. I used
it for my amps and then ran the wires down under the drivers side door
plate trim piece to the back seat and under that into the rear of the
hatch. Everything worked great. Grounded the stuff on the rear wall
where the lights and stuff grounds.

Feenix
88 16V