Got 2.0L 16v?

Well, my friend Jim (also a list member) & I finally went down to West
Virgina this last Saturday to pick up the 2L 16v short block that I bought
from Todd Jarrett.  Todd gave me a great deal, which was worth the 18+ hours
that we spent in the car (well Jims truck anyway).  It was quite a ride, we
took various stupid pictures along the way (and added various sound effects
at the same time with the digital camera I brought).

If anyone is interested, a complete rebuild kit (everything that you ought
to replace when doing an engine swap) from Mark at AAB is going to run me
about $760.  It includes:

Head gasket set, block gasket set, stock head studs, main bearing set,
rod bearing set, connecting rod bushings, rings (3 for each piston), fuel
injector seats (not the o-rings), cam chain, timing belt, timing belt tensioner,
rear motor mount,  pass. motor mount, drv. motor mount, 210mm stock clutch
kit, tranny shaft seals, water pump, & a full replacement distributor.

The clutch kit and full distributor are the two most expensive at $109 & $179
respectively.

I also have a set of Schrick 260 cams that'll be going in after I have the
head ported and rebuilt.  I'm figuring on getting ~180hp out of the whole
deal (other minor HP improvements via TT 2.25 exhaust, K&N, fuel enrichment).

Anybody wanna race?  (evil grin time) :-}

==Brett